I’ve never actually done a tag before but seeing as I’m in a bit of a writing slump, this nomination has come at the perfect time. Thank you so much to K-Bops in K-Pop for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. She’s one of my favorite k-pop bloggers and always has such an interesting take on what’s new on the music scene. Thank you for also getting my lazy butt back into writing because after taking some time off, I’ve been dreading the first draft back.
The rules are simple. You thank the person who nominated you (thanks again to K-Bops in K-Pop), you list seven things about yourself, and you nominate fifteen other people. Let’s get started.
- I used to be a theatre critic. Cappies are high school theatre critics that review plays within their district for the opportunity of publication. I was really involved in this organization and actually became lead critic and representative officer for my final two years on the team. I’ve been published quite a few times but sadly I didn’t keep track of my reviews after I submitted them. It’s my fondest memory of high school and it made me fall in love with writing.
- Audrey Hepburn inspired my love of film. I was seven or eight when I was trying to find something to watch with my dad. He flipped through the channels and landed on Funny Face, one of Audrey’s iconic musicals. From that moment on, I knew film was my passion. She’s actually the reason my blog got its name. I wanted a way to honor her in sharing my love for movies and entertainment so I chose a line she frequently says in many movies.
- Florida is the bomb. Growing up as a Floridian, everyone you know says they hate the state and can’t wait to move somewhere colder, myself included. Now that I’m older, I can’t imagine living anywhere else. I love the variety in the environment. You can be at a beach, a swamp, and a meadow all in the same drive. Don’t even get me started on my love for Orlando’s theme parks. Sure the heat is intense but that’s the way I like it.
- I’m a Ravenclaw. It should be no surprise to my 9¾ Reviews readers that I’m a massive Potterhead. I actually went to the Harry Potter Celebration at Universal two weekends ago and I’m already making plans for next year’s celebration. I’m in the best house, Ravenclaw, and yes I’m completely biased. I love finding out what houses other people are in. It’s like the Potterhead way of finding out if you’re compatible to be friends with someone. Cheesy, I know.
- Nature over city any day. That is, as long as I’m not out there for too long. Whenever I vacation, I always want to be somewhere naturally gorgeous. I want to be able to hike and kayak and bask in the beauty of our planet. However, you’ll never catch me camping. I’ve seen Blair Witch Project. I know what’s really going on in the woods when the sun sets.
- I love making videos. I haven’t done it in years but lately I’ve been feeling the creative itch again. I think there’s something really therapeutic about filming and editing a project. I’ve thought about making a YouTube account to push myself to actually create the videos I think of, but I’m not too fond of the platform. There’s a lot of negativity surrounding the concept of being a YouTuber and the company itself hasn’t made a great environment for new channels.
- Hate the industry, love the art. This is true with just about every form of art that I love. I hate the idea that people practically sell their souls to do what their passionate about. Yes, big companies give people opportunities, but at what cost? It’s a concept I really struggle with as someone who lives for entertainment and art. I know as a blogger that discusses the products of these companies, I may seem like I’m turning a blind eye to the abuse. I’m not and it pains me to hear about the injustices. In trying to find a balance between enjoying the art while not supporting the abuse used to make it, I’m constantly conflicted.
I’m going to have to disappoint in the last requirement. Instead of fifteen people, I’ll link as many as I can who might be interested in participating. Since tags aren’t something a lot of people enjoy, this is a no pressure nomination for some blogs I enjoy keeping up with.
Hopefully this post puts me back in the writing mood. I’ve seen quite a few movies lately and have some big ideas for a blog series on the filmography of directors. I’ve also had my love for Lana Del Rey and Harry Potter reinvigorated so maybe there’ll will be some Album Alerts and 9¾ Reviews heading your way too. See you soon!